Risotto is good – change that – risotto can be great! It takes time to make and get all the different proportions correct. Then you have to slow simmer and stir constantly. Nothing you can do quickly on a weekday night!
Enter the instapot revolution. Use this magical device to add a pressure cook on your side and speed and add simplicity to the cooking without sacrificing flavor. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
I am a single dad raising two wonderful daughters. As I continue to explore cooking, I will post recipes that are quick, homemade, and we all like. If you have suggestions or have some favorite ones, please share and post below.
Risotto With Mushrooms, Sausage and Arugula
- 1 Instapot
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz Italian Sausage
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced fine
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tsp salt as needed
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Set instapot to Saute. Add 1 tbsp butter and let melt. Add onions and mushrooms. Let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and garlic. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.5 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp butter, 8 oz mushrooms, 1 onion, 1 cup arborio rice
- Stir in sausage (do not brown sausage) and chicken stock.8 oz Italian Sausage, 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Close lid to instapot and set for low pressure with a cook time of 10 minutes and once done, quickly release the pressure.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, pepper, and 4 remaining tbsp of butter.4 tbsp butter, 1 tsp pepper, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Add arugula and stir until slightly wilted (30 seconds)4 cups baby arugula
- Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.1 tsp salt, 4 tsp white vinegar