Looking for a quick and tasty meal the whole family will love? This classic recipe is sure to be a hit. In fact, my daughter rated it 8.5 out of 10 and went back for seconds. Be sure to mix the egg and cheese mixture off the heat so as to not scramble the eggs into the pasta. Let me know how it works out for you.
I am a single dad raising two wonderful daughters. As I continue to explore cooking, I will post recipes that are quick, homemade, and we all like. If you have suggestions or have some favorite ones, please share and post below.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz pancetta diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 oz parmesan cheese about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lbs spaghetti
- 1/4 tbsp salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until shimmering. Add pancetta and stir until crisp—about 8 minutes. Add wine and simmer until reduced. Remove from heat and cover.1/4 cup olive oil, 8 oz pancetta, 1/2 cup dry white wine
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, cheeses, and garlic together and set aside.3 eggs, 1 1/2 oz parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, 1 garlic clove
- When water comes to a boil in a pot, add 1 tablespoon of salt to the pasta. Cook and stir until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta. Add pasta to skillet.1 lbs spaghetti
- Immediately pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta and mix off the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the consistency of the sauce with reserved pasta cooking water as desired.1/4 tbsp salt and pepper to taste