Looking for a light and easy summer dinner or getting ready for Octoberfest? Here is a schnitzel recipe that limited the deep frying and finishes it in the oven or out on a grill. If you use the grill, try to smoke the schnitzel under low heat to increase the flavor. Plate and serve.
I am a single dad raising two wonderful daughters. As I continue to explore cooking, I will post recipes that are quick, homemade, and we all like. If you have suggestions or have some favorite ones, please share and post below.
Pork Schnitzel with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- vegetable oil for pan frying
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 english cucumber
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Fill a large heavy-based skillet one-third full with oil and heat over medium heat on stove.vegetable oil for pan frying
- Set either oven or bbq to 225 degrees
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl large enough to fit a pork chop. Put the panko on a plate. Pound pork chop thin to tenderize it. Dip a chop into the egg to coat completely then into the breadcrumbs, making sure both sides are well coated. Repeat with remaining chops.4 boneless pork chops, 2 eggs, 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Working in batches if necessary, add the chops to the hot oil and cook until golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown about another 2 minutes. Transfer chops to a wire rack then place the rack directly on the grill grate of bbq or oven and cook until cooked through (145°F), about 30 minutes.
Mushroom cream sauce
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they exude most of their liquid, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the Veggie Rub over the mushrooms then add the heavy cream and cream cheese. Increase the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream boils. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Keep warm. (You can make the cream sauce ahead. Cover and refrigerate it, then gently reheat before serving.)1 tbsp unsalted butter, 16 oz mushrooms, 1 cup heavy cream, 4 oz cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber with the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper and let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.1 english cucumber, 1/3 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 4 tsp distilled white vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper