Looking to make a quick side dish or appetizer for a party? Texas grilled shrimp is easy and vibrant. Serve alone or over a bed of rice. Choose your favorite BBQ sauce to make it as sweet or spicy as you’d like.
I am a single dad raising two wonderful daughters. As I continue to explore cooking, I will post recipes that are quick, homemade, and we all like. If you have suggestions or have some favorite ones, please share and post below.
- 1 BBQ Grill
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 onion small diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce Use your favorite sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- When ready to cook, warm BBQ to a temperature of 450°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño and sauté until softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the Traeger Texas Spicy BBQ Sauce. Remove the pot from the heat and cover to keep warm.1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 jalapeño, 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and gently toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until well-coated, then season generously with salt and pepper.2 lbs jumbo shrimp, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp pepper
- Arrange the shrimp directly on the grill grates or in a grill basket. Close the lid and cook, flipping once until the shrimp is firm, opaque, and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the grilled shrimp to the sauce. Add the cilantro and stir gently to coat. Serve and enjoy!1/2 cup cilantro