Looking for a refreshing light dinner or lunch? Here is a perfect summer delight – light, bright and flavorful! What would I change? Add more veggies to your liking (avocados, lettuce, tomato).
I am a single dad raising two wonderful daughters. As I continue to explore cooking, I will post recipes that are quick, homemade, and we all like. If you have suggestions or have some favorite ones, please share and post below.
Pork Skewers with Pickled Red Onions
- 1 BBQ
- 4 lbs ground pork
- 1 1/3 cup pork rub use your favorite one
- 4 tbsp flaky sea salt
- 2 medium red onions thinly sliced
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tsp Kosher salt
- In a bowl, mix ground pork and pork rub until well-combined. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.4 lbs ground pork, 1 1/3 cup pork rub
- Place the thinly sliced red onion in a large jar or glass bowl.2 medium red onions
- In a saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt. Carefully pour the vinegar mixture over the onions, then let cool to room temperature while you prepare the pork skewers.2 cup water, 4 tbsp granulated sugar, 4 tsp Kosher salt, 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- When ready to cook, set the BBQ temperature to 400℉. With gloved hands, pack the pork around the soaked wooden skewers in 1-inch-wide sausage shapes. Cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides and the internal temperature reaches 165℉, about 20 minutes. Remove the skewers from the grill and sprinkle with kosher salt.4 tsp Kosher salt
- Serve with red onions and enjoy!