Chicken noodle soup is good for whatever comes your way. Feeling under the weather? need to fill your soul? Hearty quick lunch for the kiddos? Here you go. This recipe is easy to make, requires minimal prep and everyone loves it.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy to make home chicken noodle soup that is fresh and tasty.
- 1 Instant Pot
- 31/2 – 4 lbs whole chicken
- 1 large red onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 cups dried wide egg noodles
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Put chicken in instant Pot. Cut one-half of onion into wedges and place on tiop of chicken. Add bay leaf to pot. Add broth in pot. Secure the lid and select poultry. When cooking is complete, use natural release to depressurize the pot.31/2 – 4 lbs whole chicken, 1 large red onion, 1 bay leaf, 6 cups chicken broth
- Slice remianing onion; slice celery, thinly slice carrots, chop sweet pepper. Set aside.1 large red onion, 3 stalks celery, 1 red sweet pepper, 2 carrots
- When pressure is released from pot, transfer chicken to cutting board. Use slotted spoon to remove bay leaf. You may strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve and returned the strained liquid to the pot.
- Add chopped onion, celery, carrots, pepper, noodles, garlic, salt, thyme, sage and pepper to pot. Secure the lid. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes. Use quick release valve to depressurize.2 cups dried wide egg noodles, 4 cloves garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp sage, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- When chicken is cool to handle, remove meat from bones. Discard bones and skin. Cut or shread meat to bit size pieces. Add chicken back to pot. Select sauté. Cook uncovered for 1-2 minutes. Serve.