Below is a statement from Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue regarding the memorial service for fallen West Linn resident John J. Percin Jr. If you would like to attend the public memorial, it will be this Saturday July 13 1:00pm at Rolling Hills Community Church.
On June 30th, 19 members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots (Prescott Fire IAFF Local 3066), lost their lives while battling the 2,000-acre Yarnell Hill Fire. John J. Percin Jr., age 24, who graduated from West Linn High School in 2007, was one of the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots killed in the fire. Today, public safety personnel and citizens from across the nation will gather in Arizona to honor the 19 Hotshots(http://yarnellfallenfirefighters.com/).
Firefighter Percin will be returned to Oregon for his L-O-D-D service and burial. Beginning on Wednesday, Oregon’s public safety community will begin its tribute to Firefighter Percin through the following activities. The activities are being coordinated with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation which is assisting with events in Arizona and also with the transport of the fallen firefighters to their respective homes across the nation.
Fire Service Procession – Portland International Airport to Lake Oswego Fire Station
(Wednesday (July 10) at 11:15 am)
– Members of the Oregon Fire Service Honor Guard (OFSHG) will be escorting the Percin family and the urn carrying FF John Percin, Jr. back to Oregon. They are scheduled to arrive at the Portland International Airport at 11:15 via Atlantic Aviation on a private jet. There will be no media interviews or photo opportunities as this is a PRIVATE ceremony and honor corridor.
– Fire, law enforcement and public safety agencies from across the region have been invited to stage along N.E. Airport Way and join a procession escorting the urn of Firefighter Percin Jr. and his family to Lake Oswego’s main fire station located at 300 B Avenue in Lake Oswego. The route will involve N.E. Airport Way to Interstate 205, to Highway 43, and will conclude at the fire station.
– The procession is expected to arrive at Lake Oswego’s main fire station between 12:00 – 1:00 pm. Media interested in covering the arrival at the fire station, should contact Lake Oswego Fire Department PIO, Fire Marshal Gert Zoutendijk, at 503-699-7454.
Vigil Urn Watch – Lake Oswego Fire Station
(Wednesday through Friday (July 10 -12))
– The remains of Firefighter John Percin, Jr. will remain under a vigil that includes a rotating ‘watch’ of fire service personnel and honor guards from Wednesday through Friday when the family will hold its own PRIVATE memorial service.
– The public may pay tribute to Firefighter Percin, Jr. at the Lake Oswego fire station (300 B Avenue) on Thursday from 8 am – 8 pm.
Line of Duty Death Memorial Service – Rolling Hills Community Church
(Saturday (July 13) at 1 pm )
– There will be a full honors L-O-D-D memorial service for FF John Percin Jr. at Rolling Hills Community Church at 3550 SW Borland Road in Tualatin, this Saturday at 1 pm.
– The approximate one-hour memorial service, which will include service apparatus, honor guards, and pipes and drums fire, will be open to the public and media.