After months of hard work, walking many sites, and talking to many different stakeholders, I am very pleased that the council has moved forward and approved our recommendation. Our original recommendation was to ask for $8.9 million and the approved version reduces it further to $8.5 million. The current police station is unfit, and unsafe. We need to approve this measure to keep our first responders safe.
Connect With Me
Hi Michael - thanks for your comment and trust me I do want to help! I used to love going…
You took pictures of the yamhill pub, which is basically a Portland landmark, a building that’s been shuttered long before…
Hi Lisa - one other article you should read about Louis Vuitton. Another reader pointed this out to me and,…
Thank you, Lisa. Portland is my hometown and I have lots of great memories downtown. I had an appointment at…
Hoped you would figure out that those couches and carpets and plants and bikes in parking spaces are a NATIONAL…
- Day 274 – Perseverance in OppositionThoughts and Reflections Today we read that every mission of God is going to experience opposition. The Jews are being ridiculed and attacked as they rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. The response is to pray to our God and set a guard as protection. Nehemiah shows that he trusts the Lord but he is also […]
- Day 273 – The Lord’s WorkThoughts and Reflection Today we read the conclusion of Zechariah. There is a promise – on the day of the Lord he will redeem the earth. Those who have been under the heel of others will be vindicated. Everyone’s deeds shall be known. Nehemiah does the Lord’s work. When he encounters difficulty and opposition, he […]
- Day 272 – The Call of NehemiahThoughts and Reflections Today we read about Jerusalem’s restoration. Zechariah writes 500 years before Jesus comes, he tells us of mourning for “him whom they have pierced.” Jesus was pierced on the cross for us. In Nehemiah, we see a third wave of the people’s return to the Holy Land. The walls of Jerusalem have […]
- Day 271 – Israel’s Foreign WivesThoughts and Reflection Today we read Ezra returns to the Holy Land. When he returns he finds that many people have intermarried. The Lord warned the people about not marrying non-Jewish spouses. God’s people were to be set apart and called to live differently. The people intermarrying weakens the bond of the Convent and losing […]
- Day 270 – God’s Favor with EzraThoughts and Reflection Today we read Ezra is friends with Artaxerxes, the king of Persia. His blessings are not due to his own skill but because the hand of the Lord is upon him. Ezra proclaims the people should fast to humble themselves before God. He does not ask the king for protection since he […]
Subscribe to Latest Posts
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.